Legislative Session begins Jan. 9th, 2019. Here are a few things to help you get ready for it.
The Voter Express for January 2019 is now available at https://lwv-va.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/2019-01-VE.pdf
In this issue you will find:
- JANUARY 9 VA ratify ERA Welcome Back – Information about a special event being held January 9th in Richmond.
- FEBRUARY 6 LEAGUE DAY – information you need for attending League Day including special hotel rates, luncheon registration, and a flyer that you can print and share.
- Virginia’s Ethics Framework Still Lags Behind Other States – a special guest article from Lauri Sherman, Policy Adviser, Coalition for Integrity.
- Does Virginia Fail the S.W.A.M.P. Index Test? [States With Anti-corruption Measures for Public Officials] – This article expands on the previous article to help identify potential changes that could be made in existing Virginia laws.
- Recap of December 5, 2018 Women’s Legislative – Comprehensive reflections of Linda Rice, Williamsburg Area, who captures the thoughts of many