With all the activities around Convention (Are you excited yet? Well, you should be!) and the veto process still going on, news takes on a bit of a different tract this time by providing information about some ways to stay more engaged throughout the year using our Facebook Groups. It also includes several of the “hot topic” issues at LWVUS with some great resources to provide you with information and tools to help with your advocacy efforts. So, without further ado here is what you will find in this issue and a link to it for reading.
- South Hampton Roads, Here We Come!!!
- From the President
- Ready for More Engagement?
- From the League of Women Voters of the United States
- LWVUS 2018-2020 Impact on Issues available
- League Launches Campaign Around For the People Act
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Webinars and Discussion Guide
- League Urges Presidential Candidates to Disclose Their Big Money Campaign Fundraisers
- Voting Rights Advancement Act
- Resource Page for 100th Anniversary
- A special reminder to check out the Mission Impact Tools page of the LWVUS website.
Don’t forget to help us cover the Convention while you are there. We are using the LWV-VA Social Facebook Group as the venue for all things related to Convention as well as our Twitter feed. Please read the details below and join the Social group, if you have not already done so.