Join the League of Women Voters and Help Make Democracy Work!
Who are the members?
Membership in the League of Women Voters is open to all ages and genders. Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
Why should I join?
Through participation in League projects, you will:
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in your community
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
How much time does it take?
It’s up to you! There are many ways in which you can work with League. Some of those are public such as our forums, debates, and educational meetings. Other work is behind the scenes where members can be involved in advocacy/action, producing educational documents and brochures, registering voters, website and social media, graphic design, working with study groups to help shape the League focus, and much, much more!
What do I get?
- You automatically become a member of the LWV of the United States, the National Capital Area Inter-League Organization, the LWV Virginia and, your local League. If you do not join a local League, you are welcome to attend the meetings of any local Leagues but cannot vote as a member of that League.
- You will receive their publications along with the newsletter from the Virginia League of Women Voters called The Virginia Voter.
- You will also have access to many Facebook Groups which are for our members only where important issues or discussed and information is shared.
- You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
Ready to join us? The click HERE!