Skip to content
Election Laws and Commissions
Election Research Resources
- Center for Governmental Studies – Campaign Finance Reform
- Virginia Public Access Project
- Virginia’s Campaign Finance Website
- Writing Reform The Brennan Center, NYU School of Law, 2010 Revised Edition. This excellent report on developing campaign finance legislation contains a chapter on public finance of elections.
- Small Donor Matching Funds: The NYC Election Experience The Brennan Center, NYU School of Law, 2010. This report details how the New York City matching system of campaign finance has invigorated grassroots participation in local elections.
- Electoral Competition and Low Contribution Limits The Brennan Center, NYU School of Law, 2009. This report shows how low campaign finance limits can increase competitiveness of elections.
- How Close is Fundraising in Contested Elections in States with Low Contribution Limits? Buchanan Center Political Economy, George Mason University, 2009
- The Effect of Public Financing on the Competitiveness of Elections Buchanan Center Political Economy, George Mason University, 2009. A scholarly look at the extent to which public financing of elections increases competition.