The League of Women Voters of Virginia REGISTERS voters and provides accurate information on registration across the Commonwealth.
- Register to vote, or to check your registration, click here.
- Governor’s Challenge for high school students
The League of Women Voters of Virginia EDUCATES:
- Frequently Asked Voting Questions – click here for answers to voting questions
- Myths & Truths About Voting by Mail
- VOTE411 where voters can find out information about candidates
- We hold impartial candidate debates and forums to inform voters about issues.
- We offer civic education to high school students, new citizens, and non-voters.
The League of Women Voters of Virginia IMPACTS through sending postcards and other means of reminding voters to participate in elections. We also advocate voters and lawmakers in support of issues like:
- Voting Rights
- Fair Redistricting
- Racial Justice Reform
- Equal Rights Amendment
- Gun Violence Prevention
- Metro Funding
Voter Empowerment and Engagement
- Election Resources: Your source for election laws and commissions, election research resources, and campaign financing information.
Understanding and Assessing “Fake News”
- Keepin’ It Real: Tips & Strategies for Evaluating Fake News – from LMU/LA William H. Hannon Library
- Fake News: Evaluating & Fact Checking – from Fordham University Libraries
- Fake News vs. Real News: Tips for Evaluating Information – from Northwest Arkansas Community College Library
- Evaluating Information: Fake News – from Leabharlann UCD Library (Dubli
- How to Spot Fake News – from IFLA: International Federation of Library Associations
- The Ultimate Cheatsheet for Critical Thinking – from Global Digital Citizen Foundation