A Voice For Citizens, A Force For Change
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
We stand with you Charlottesville, VA
GET READY! LWV-VA Workshops Sept. 22 in Fredericksburg
ALERTS Learn More
News & Announcements Learn More
- Will There be no "People's Debate"
The Virginia Voter & Voter Express Learn More
Voter Express, August 2017 (Click Image to Read)
● Announcement for our Fall Workshops: Brushing Up Your League Skills which will be held in Fredericksburg on Sept. 22nd.
● Around the League will provide you with information on some of the activities of our local leagues.
● A letter "From the President" (Sue Lewis) will fill you in on what the Board has been doing and the status of current activities such as the WLRT and The People's Debate.
● Why is it that people choose not to register to vote? Unearth some of the mysteries in this summary of a Pew Charitable Trusts article. The summary is titled: Understanding the Unregistered Voter.
● A calendar for the current month highlights some key activities for the month of August.
Local League News Learn More
- See what the Virginia Local Leagues are doing across the state!
Join the League Learn More
- Join the League of Women Voters and Help Make Democracy Work!
On this page you will find a map of all Virginia Local Leagues and information on how to JOIN US.
The LWV has more than 750 Leagues and approximately 60,000 members and supporters in all 50 states. LWV-VA has 14 local Leagues and almost 1,600 members across the Virginia Commonwealth. Join us!
If there is not a local League in your area, we would be happy to work with you to form one. Contact membership@LWV-VA.org
DR. MARK GRABER - ELECTORAL COLLEGE SPEECH
Dr. Mark Graber addressed the annual LWVNCA Convention and spoke about the Electoral College: "From the Federalist Papers to Trump". Click Here to View Video
Sign up to receive email notices from LWV-VA
Stay informed by subscribing to our email list and receive:
- 4 issues of The Virginia Voter newsletter
- 8 issues of Voter Express monthly short newsletters for those 8 months The Virginia Voter is not published
- Action Alerts - as needed when key issues come up concerning Legislation at state and national level
- Event Announcements (debates, workshops, meetings, and more)
Sign Up Here
Your Vote Counts.
"Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting."
Franklin D. Roosevelt